City of Hope
City of Hope is a non-profit organized to help homeless individuals off the streets and into restored relational, professional and spiritual lives.
- Services include:
- Vital document recovery
- Job placement
- Housing and furnishings
- Spiritual mentorship through individuals and local churches
- Various outreach programs including: shoe and coat drives, hygiene kits, haircuts, and individual-focused needs
- Food pantry
How can you help?
Resources: home furnishings and appliances for new housing, new or gently used shoes, coats, blankets, gloves, new socks, backpacks, toiletries/hygiene products, non-perishable foods, diapers
Time: as a mentor to those coming off the street, volunteer for ministry projects, drives
Financially: a strong financial base is essential to COH providing help to Tulsa's homeless population, Amazon Smile partnership, online or mailed donations accepted.
Like and follow facebook page for specific requests
Jon Maust: 539.777.5037
Trinity Contact: Chris Shaw
Young Life Owasso
Young Life is a Christian Ministry that helps adolescents find a place of belonging, by going where they are, in order to bring them to Christ and help them grow in their faith.
- Mentorship through one on one conversations, going into schools, especially, to connect with jr high and high school students.
- Weekly Young Life Club -skits, music, teaching about Christ and making disciples “Party with a purpose.
- Campaigners - a weekly meeting for kids who wish to learn more or grow in their faith through study, service and leadership. Young Life leaders also encourage these kids to celebrate their faith through participation in a local congregation.
- Camp - the best week of their lives, where deep relationships are formed, within the context of crazy fun and the gospel is heard and experience.
- Committee - support staff adults who care about kids in their community. For every Young Life staff person, there is a team of dedicated volunteer leaders which works directly with kids. The “committee” is composed of parents, Young Life alumni and civic leaders and they provide a foundation of financial, administrative and moral support for the Young Life team.
- Young Lives - Mentorship program for teen moms to help young mothers know that they are loved, valued, accepted, heard and supported.
Michelle Smith: 405-501-0477 or 918-665-1226