Last summer we partnered with Christ Presbyterian Church in Tulsa to join in on MTW’s Crates for Ukraine project. This winter we have the opportunity to once again help supply needed materials for the people in the war torn country of Ukraine. Long time MTW missionary Doug Shepherd and his team are helping with this project in Ukraine. With the winter months now here, there is continued need for supplies. Please click on the link below to find the Amazon Wishlist. Further instructions are linked below as well.
Here Doug Shepherd, Jr., a MTW missionary to L’viv, Ukraine explains the project here:
and information about the program is available on the website https://cratesforukraine.com.
There are two sets of items we are gathering: wound care for civilians and soldiers, and winter protection gear. It is a long, cold winter in Ukraine, and power for heating is scarce. The wound care materials are most urgently needed, but the winter items are needed as well. We invite you to join in our efforts.
There are two ways to give:
1. We have set up a wishlist on Amazon.com from which you can choose any item(s) to send. These orders will go directly to Christ Pres member Dave Oxenham’s home for sorting and packing. Giving this way gives you the opportunity to be more tangibly involved and to pray specifically for the person who receives the item, OR
2. You can give directly to Christ Presbyterian Church. This money will be used to purchase items to go to Ukraine. The church has a tax-free card for Amazon so this will make the dollar go farther, as well as provide a tax deduction for you. And you can still pray for the recipients!
You can give online here: https://onrealm.org/christpres/-/form/give/now or send a check to Christ Presbyterian Church, 5120 S. Columbia Place, Tulsa, OK 74104. Please note “Ukraine” on the memo line for either giving online or by check.
Please: NO SUBSTITUTIONS ON ALL WOUND CARE ITEMS. Sometimes you might be able to find a less-expensive version, but those are often inferior. Substitutions will NOT go to Ukraine.
If you wish to donate a substitute item of equal quality from the winter items, please FIRST check with Diane Beals (email@example.com). If it doesn’t match the need, we cannot send it.
We welcome any churches, organizations, and individuals who wish to participate. Thanks for considering this new opportunity to love our Ukrainian brothers and sisters.
Diane Beals firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Oxenham email@example.com
Christ Presbyterian Church 918.749.1629 - Sarah@christpresbyterian.church
2. Advancing in Missions Seminar
This seminar is put in by MTW staff and will be on March 4th, from 9am-3pm at Christ Presbyterian Church in Tulsa. “ The full Advancing in Missions (AiM) curriculum consists of six classes. Five of the six classes are webinars and one class is an in-person workshop, all designed to help the church ignite their missions vision, structure and engagement.” Registration link:
3. Honduras Mission Trip Opportunity
July 15-22- Our team would join the ministry Gathering Hearts for Honduras (http://www.gatheringhearts.org/what-we-do/
) and a local church in Honduras to minister to the needs of people in the community and to share the good news of the gospel with them. This trip will be tailored to the gifting of our team. Please contact Katy Keilbarth (firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Join the Missions Committee!
Please be in prayer for our missionaries, campus pastors and ministries. May God be glorified! Thank you!