RISE Campaign | RISE to Calling | Discussion Questions, Week 1
Colossians 2:6-7 (ESV):
 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him,  rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.
A person’s “walk” (behavior/conduct) flows out of his beliefs. For anyone to walk anywhere (successfully!), they must have ABILITY, DIRECTION, and the appropriate EQUIPMENT. For the Christian:
- God enables you to walk. Jesus is your Christ and your Lord.
- God directs your walk. The direction of the Christian walk is one foot in front of the other, with one foot being faith and the other being repentance.
- God equips you to walk. For this season at Trinity, building a facility is God’s continued equipping of our church body.
The Greek word “received” (paralambano) is a technical term. It refers to the sense of transferring from one person's teaching to another, or from one generation's teaching to another.
- How did you personally come to faith in Christ? In what way was your faith “received”?
- How might the building of a church building for Trinity better enable the future generation to “receive” the gospel’s teaching?
- How does thinking “generationally” change the way a church thinks about its mission and discipleship?
- If “receiving” Christ Jesus as Lord can be generational, in what way can “walk in Him” be generational?
- Exercise: Who is the most generous person you know or have ever known? What makes you say that about that person?
Take prayer requests in normal fashion. Pray for these, as well as Trinity’s growth in the gospel through the RISE campaign.
More in Blog
May 2, 2021RISE Campaign | RISE to Community | Prayer Guide, Week 3
May 2, 2021RISE Campaign | RISE to Community | Discussion Questions, Week 3
April 28, 2021RISE Campaign | RISE to Calling | Prayer Guide, Week 1